Our mission at CBT Bank is to create an environment in which:
Our Customers perceive the Bank as a partner in achieving their financial goals.
Our Employees may achieve personal and professional success; and
Our Shareholders achieve the rewards of ownership.
A charter was granted on December 17, 1901 to establish “The Clearfield Trust Company” which opened for business in the old opera house property on Market Street on January 15, 1902.
The Farmers and Traders National Bank was acquired by the Clearfield Trust Company on October 1, 1911 and in 1931, the Karthaus State Bank was purchased. We started building our branch network in 1960 with the opening of our Bridge Street office.
In February 1970, the Clearfield Trust Company changed its name to the Clearfield Bank & Trust Company. The installation of the first Automated Teller Machines in our market area came in 1973.
In September 1974, the Philipsburg Office was opened, expanding Clearfield Bank & Trust Company’s market into Centre County. The bank’s fourth office was opened in Curwensville in January 1980 and expansion to customers in Jefferson and Elk Counties became available with the opening of our fifth branch in DuBois in September 1988. The bank’s sixth location opened in March 1997 with the acquisition of the Goldenrod Office located near the Clearfield Mall.
A holding company, CBT Financial Corp., was formed in February 2003 to serve as a platform for future growth.
Clearfield Bank & Trust Company opened its seventh full-service location in June 2005 with the acquisition of the Pine Grove Mills office located near State College.
On November 11, 2005, Clearfield Bank & Trust Company successfully completed the acquisition of six new offices located in Huntingdon, Mount Union, Saxton, Three Springs and Williamsburg. Our Morrisons Cove Office, located in Martinsburg, was opened on April 29, 2013. The Huntingdon Plaza Office relocated to a new location in March 2014.
In October 2014, the Saxton and Three Springs branches were closed and consolidated into the Huntingdon and Mount Union branch offices respectively.
A Loan Production Office was opened in Altoona on March 7, 2016. The Bank officially changed its name to CBT Bank on September 9, 2016. CBT Financial Corporation entered into a merger agreement with Riverview Financial Corporation on April 20, 2017. CBT Bank opened it's thirteenth location on August 7, 2017, when it converted its Altoona loan production office to a full service Community Office.
On October 1, 2017, CBT Bank became a division of Riverview Bank. Riverview Financial Corporation is the bank holding company of Riverview Bank, headquartered in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and operating thirty-three offices located in Berks, Blair, Centre, Clearfield, Dauphin, Huntingdon, Lebanon, Lycoming, Northumberland, Perry, Schuylkill and Somerset counties.
©2018 CBT Bank. All Rights Reserved.